Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tangents . . . What to say?

When I was seven, my father came to visit me one Sunday.  He asked me what was my favorite color. Noone had ever asked me that before. I found that I did not have one, but I felt as though I was supposed to. I was looking up, and we were outside, so I said, 'blue.' All through the years I have favored blues and greens or lavender and greens with blue or purple. I design websites and find I am partial to blue backgrounds. Take a look at The Cat Door! Was my response to my father prophetic? Or did that response make a commitment in my mind?
--------------------------
The above came about because I had to choose colors for this blogsite. I am still not wholly satisfied, because I find the palette limited. It is close now, so I will try not to mess with it too much, though tinkering is fun.
-------------------------
I set up this blog because I submitted a story to a small publisher who wants the author to do a lot of publicizing of her own work ~ including a blog. The story is titled The FYOG Trial. I checked the space that asked if I would like the story illustrated: Yes. And with that, I thought I might best make some attempt to show my willingness to help myself. This is it.

On another tangent, I had considered the title 'Farting in the Wind' for this Blog, but I do not wish to indulge in prophecy!

1 comment:

  1. They might cancel your blog if you used your other considered title! :) I like the blue!

    ReplyDelete